About the Role
Soul Seated Journey is on a mission is to empower resilient youth in our underprivileged communities by orchestrating youth educators, community organizers, and wellness providers to collectively deliver integrated wellbeing education and support services. We are focused on the whole human to change their life journey, their communities, and the world. Our non-profit has launched in the San Francisco Bay Area, with plans for expansion worldwide.
You will help lay the foundation of a global environment for young people to freely access transformational wisdom, personalized care, and loving support. You’ll help spread the word on addressing the needs of the whole human so they can live their highest potential and create meaningful impact in their lives, communities, and the world. With today’s mental health crisis, your outreach will help drive programs focused on Spiritual Health, Emotional Health, Mental Health, Physical/Nutritional Health, and Environment Health.
What we offer
• Impactful programs that will impact your life and the lives of youth in the Bay Area
• On-the-job experience
• Networking with impactful leaders in the community
• Experience working with a leadership team that has deep corporate experience
• Social media improved research, communication, writing, and creative skills
• Build and manage our social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok
• Help establish and extend the Soul Seated Journey brand
• Create and publish original content on social media
• Provide recommendations on social media content optimization
• Help run targeted ad campaigns and social promotions on various social media platforms and track their results.
• Act as the primary person posting social media content on a weekly or as-needed basis
• Strategize closely with the head of marketing to design social media strategies to support and drive our launch, fundraising, and programs
• Communicate with community partners on upcoming events and cross-promotional opportunities
• Stay up to date with social media best practices and new digital technologies
We are a ‘startup’ non-profit organization made up of people passionate about addressing the epidemic of unwellness. We understand that positive well-being not taught in school and support services not readily available or equitable, many young people— especially those growing up in poverty or other adverse circumstances— are grappling with depression, anxiety, trauma, loneliness, and suicidality that will have lasting impacts on them, their families, their communities, and all of our futures.
Soul Seated Journey is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment and/or contracting, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
· Experience working as a social media strategist/manager
· Experience with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok is a plus
· Experience with creative publishing platforms, such as Canva
· Experience with creating original graphics
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills
· Ability to identify target audiences and publish related content
· Experience and passion working with non-profit organizations
· An interest in mental health and making an impact in the community
About the Company
Soul Seated Journey is a well-being education and wellness care delivery organization that helps youth unleash humanistic strengths and live a life of wholeness and possibilities.